Tuesday, January 24, 2006

"Toddler Fraud"

Here is an amazing, (and quite frightening), story from the December issue of Money magazine.

http://money.cnn.com/pr/subs/magazine_archive/2005/12/STRC.html

The article is "Toddler Fraud" and is a must read for any parent, particularly those of us who get Social Security numbers for our children right away.

I know I was practically forced to apply for a SS# for my daughter shortly after her birth because, without the number, the insurance refused to cover her medical expenses specifically.

I'm sure other parents out there have experieced similar situations. I'm also quite sure that many of you haven't given much thought to the possibility that your toddler might fall victim to identity theft.

This is very thought provoking and, as long as our credit ratings are so important in this world, could have long lasting effects on your children's financial futures.

No comments: